Your Arctic Ocean and Prudhoe Bay Tour begins right at your Fairbanks accommodation. As you travel along the famous Alaska Pipeline, your 3-day tour will be full with information and lots of time to enjoy the beautiful land of the Interior and Arctic of Alaska. An experienced driver/guide will answer your questions and endeavor to make this tour one of the highlights of your Alaskan vacation. At the rest stops, you can purchase breakfast and dinner. Please bring lunch, snacks and beverages for 3 days.
Fairbanks to Wiseman
- 7AM departure from Fairbanks
- Trans-Alaska-Pipeline - Get a close up view of the famous pipeline and learn interesting facts about the engineering and building period
- Breakfast at Hilltop, a rustic truckstop (meal not included).
- Cross the mighty Yukon River
- Arctic Circle - Have your picture taken at Arctic Circle and receive your
Arctic Circle Certificate
- Coldfoot - Visit the state-of-the-art visitor center at the famous halfway stop along the Dalton Highway
- Dinner at Coldfoot Camp (meal not included)
- Spend a romantic night in the gold mining village of Wiseman (if fully booked, you will reside in Coldfoot)
Wiseman to Prudhoe Bay and back
- Continental breakfast (meal not included)
- Brooks Range - Astonishing peaks, great views and with a little luck you will spot grizzly bears and dall sheep
- Arctic Tundra - Experience the beautiful arctic and view musk ox and caribou in their natural habitat
- Deadhorse - The supplying town for Prudhoe Bay. Information and safety presentation about the oil field
- Prudhoe Bay - Visit the oil field and touch the edge of the mystic Arctic Ocean
- Early dinner at the Arctic Oil Field Inn (meal not included)
- Drive back through Arctic Tundra and Brooks Range in the late evening hours
- Overnight in Wiseman (if fully booked, you will reside in Coldfoot)
Wiseman to Fairbanks
- Morning hike through historic Wiseman and along the Koyukuk river
- Late breakfast at Coldfoot Camp (meal not included)
- Finger Mountain - A short nature hike in a beautiful high plateau above the tree line
- Yukon River - Walk right to the edge of Alaska's most famous river. It will impress you with its majesty and history
- Dinner at Yukon Camp (meal not included)
- 10PM arrival at your location in Fairbanks
Departs Fairbanks by air approximately between 7 and 9AM on day 1, and returns by land approximately between 8 and 9PM on day 3
May 30 to September 10, 2017 on Tuesday, Friday, Sunday
Overnight accommodations have two twin beds. The restrooms and showers are shared down the hall in Coldfoot and in a separate building in Prudhoe Bay (separate men's and women's rooms).
Price per person$1600Booking Code 1AO3
Use this form to request a non-binding quote for the Arctic Ocean and Prudhoe Bay. One of our destination specialists will contact you shortly with specific pricing and itinerary information. You can then choose to confirm the reservation.
You can use the box below to let us know about any additions or changes you would like to make to the tour.