Viewing polar bears in the wild is one of the most unique experiences in the world. This tour takes you to Kaktovik during the fall whaling season, when polar bears wander off the arctic ice and congregate in one area. Safely view and photograph polar bears in a rare and special wildlife encounter, and visit the Inupiat Eskimo village of Kaktovik, located along the coast of the Arctic Ocean on Barter Island.
- Fly north over the expansive Yukon River Valley, home of traditional peoples that sustain their lifestyle and culture as they have for thousands of years
- Cross the Arctic Circle
- Experience the rugged and magnificent Brooks Mountain Range as the flight route travels through the Gates of the Arctic National Park
- Land at the Inupiat Eskimo village of Kaktovik and travel to Marsh Creek Inn for lunch and an orientation on the community and polar bear viewing experience
- Join a Coast guard licensed boat captain on a water viewing expedition of these giants of the north
- Late afternoon departure for Fairbanks
- 8AM Depart Fairbanks by air
- 11.15AM Arrive Deadhorse, restroom break while pilot is refueling
- 11.30AM Depart Deadhorse
- 12PM Arrive Kaktovik, van transfer from plane to Marsh Creek Inn
- 4PM Depart Kaktovik for Fairbanks
- 6-7PM Arrive Fairbanks
Daily from August 25 - September 25, 2017
Available August 25 to September 25, 2017
Price per person$1799Booking Code NAT45
Use this form to request a non-binding quote for the Polar Bear One Day Tour. One of our destination specialists will contact you shortly with specific pricing and itinerary information. You can then choose to confirm the reservation.
You can use the box below to let us know about any additions or changes you would like to make to the tour.